Now is a good time to list your Colorado Springs Home for Sale
People often ask, When is the best time to sell our house?
Whenever you’re ready, is my immediate response. There is no “season” to sell your home in real estate. Whether you’re buying or selling, now is a good time. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you consider whether or not a winter listing is right for you:
- People always need to move. Buyers are looking, and many need something now and can’t wait for the flood of similar listings that will hit the market in spring and summer.
- Listing now means you’ll have less competition. Current Colorado Springs housing inventory is low, and there’s not a lot to choose from, making your home part of a smaller selection of what’s available.
- Prices tend to mellow in the fall and winter, but are still at an affordable rate – not too low for sellers, not too high for buyers. There might not be a bidding war, but price it right and it will sell.
- Anytime is a good time to buy or sell. If the market’s up, there’s more competition. In winter, you have buyers who are serious about buying and sellers who are serious about selling. It’s easier to make deals happen.
- Interest rates are still at all time lows, making your home more affordable for many buyers, and making your ability to purchase more attractive. But since the Feds raised its target funds rate in December for the first time in almost a decade, banks like Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and JP Morgan raised their mortgage rates almost immediately. Others are sure to follow suit in the near future.
But again I’ll say, Whenever you’re ready is the best time to sell. Mark Twain once said, “They are always making more people, but they ain’t making any more land.”
If you’d like to know what your Colorado Springs home is worth in today’s market, please call Mimi Foster, voted Colorado Springs Best Realtor five years in a row.