Another property that it is easy to see the big house/small cottage difference is the house on the Southwest corner of Wahsatch and Monument Streets in Downtown Colorado Springs. The large house on the corner is 630 North Wahsatch and was built in 1898. The small house behind it, 325 East Monument (built in 1909), was the actual carriage house for 630 North Wahsatch. Until the mid-1980s, 325 East Monument still had evidence of the turnstile and hoisting hooks inside from when it housed horses and carriages.
The entirety of the property was a large corner lot, and included what is now part of the parking lot for The Community Prep Charter School – which was originally built as Garfield Elementary School in 1886.